- Date: Monday 23 November
- Where: Live at youtube.com/leicestersaicentres
List of items
- Baba’s Paduka’s or any deity statue can be used (any size)
- Clean hand towel
- Two large steel plates and a steel bowl
- Cushion/mat/handkerchief to sit on (devotees sitting on chair don’t require this)
- Conch (shankh) – if you have one
- A bell (ghantadi)
- Copper tumbler (kalash)
- Kumkum (red powder) and Chandan/sandalwood
- Abil (white powder), Gulal (pink powder) and Sindoor
- 5 handfuls of rice grains
- Multi-coloured thread (nadachhadi roll)
- White thread roll (sutar no doro)
- 5 to 7 flowers
- A fruit of your choice
- Few dry fruits: almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts (badam, pista & kaju)
- Betel leaf (nagarvel nu paan) – if you have
- Cloves, cinnamon and cardamom (luving, elchi and tuj)
- Small vibhuti packet
- Two 500ml bottles of water or jug of water
- 5 plastic or steel spoons
- Kitchen roll or tissues
- Honey mixed in milk (madhuparkam)
- Perfume – alcohol free (attar) – only if you have
- Items for abhishekam (holy pouring) – only small amounts of the following are necessary:
- Turmeric mixed in water
- Fresh coconut water – not pre-packed or boxed (break coconut on the morning of the puja)
- Fresh fruit juice
- Vibhuti water
- Rose water
- Panchamrut (mixture of 5 items: milk, yogurt, ghee, honey and sugarcandy)
What if I don’t have all the items?
Don’t worry, you can still participate even if you do not have all the items. Please do ensure you follow your local coronavirus guidelines and restrictions.
Tune into virtual bhajans
Every Thursday and Sunday you can join the bhajans online on YouTube at: www.youtube.com/leicestersaicentres.
Power of prayer
The Sai Gayatri mantra, as well as the Gayatri mantra, is being chanted by Sai devotees around the world for the welfare of humanity. Let us all be united and pray with intensity as often as possible. This is an important spiritual practice that can help alleviate this global health threat due to the coronavirus.
Want to get the latest centre news?
We’re now on SoundCloud channel
The audio channel will enable you to listen to bhajans and talks from local events, helping you stay connected to the divine glory of our Lord.
See our calendar of events
View calendar of local, regional and national events by clicking on the image below:
WE’RE ON Youtube, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & SOUNDCLOUD
Join us on Facebook and Instagram – our official social media profiles. We’ll share information for both Narborough Road Sai Centre and Leicester Central Sai Centre’s and all things divine. We now livestream our events on Facebook so ‘like us’ and never miss out.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- ‘Like’ Leicester Sai Centres on Facebook
- Follow Leicester Sai Centres on Instagram (@leicestersaicentres)
Don’t forget to use #LeicesterSaiCentres when uploading videos/photos on social media. Please do make sure you have permission of individuals in the photos.
EVENT PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
To submit photos and videos taken at our centre events, please email it to our dedicated media account, email@example.com.
Please do ensure you have permission of those individuals who appear in photos and videos before submitting media to us. This especially applies to those which include young children, where we advise of parental permission.