We welcome spiritual seekers from all walks of life, faiths and religions. Through love we seek unity in diversity of all faiths.
The centre provides opportunities to study and practice the universal teachings of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and to take part in selfless service activities.
Thus enabling transformation of the participants to discover the inherent divinity within themselves and in every other person. The theme this year is ‘Expansion is My Life’.
- Centre President – Palvi Tanna
- Vice President – Chirag Vithlani
- Spiritual Coordinator – Nalini Randall
- Service Coordinators – Indi Jethwa & Rupert Ward
- Youth Coordinator – Vivek Chugani
- Treasurer & Shadow Youth Coordinator – Kishen Sakaria
- Bhajan Coordinators – Ramila Furborough and Marine Aufranc
what region and zone are we?
As a centre we’re part of Region 4 which covers the East Midlands.
This also includes the following Sai Centres: Coventry, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Nottingham, Derby and Rugby.
The Sri Sathya Sai International Organisation UK are not part of any Zone, we report directly to the Prashanti Council.
SERVICE ACTIVITIES WE UNDERTAKE
- Bhajans for the elderly at residential home (Asra House – monthly)
- Food collection for Leicester South Foodbank (every three months)
- Tree planting
- Cooking and serving food at the Bridge
- Allotment service
- Satyanarayan katha for the elderly (ceremony/worship to Lord Vishnu)
How the centre began
On the 24 April 1987, Trikambhai Bhalsod, went to Kodaikanal. At darshan he closed his eyes and prayed to Bhagawan to start a Centre. When he opened his eyes, Bhagawan stood right before him blessing him with abhayahasta (blessings with two hands), as if saying that “Your wish will be granted”.
On 2 April 1988, on the auspicious occasion of Hanuman Jayanti (birth of Lord Hanuman), Bhagawan answered Trikambhai’s prayer and the Narborough Road Sai Centre of Leicester was opened by none other than Dr. Dhirubhai Gadhia. Dr Gadhia was an ardent devotee of Bhagawan and had immeasurable opportunities to serve His Lord.
What is the centre for?
“These organisations are exclusively for spiritual development. They are established
to translate the principles of love and nonviolence into daily practice. They
have also to promote inquiry into four basic problems:
- The body – what is it?
- The body – I am not it
- Then who am I?
- I am That (God)!”
– Sathya Sai Baba
The main goal of a centre is to provide an environment in which individuals may progress along their spiritual path toward self-realisation. The three major paths toward self-realisation:
- Devotion (bhakthi)
- Action (karma)
- Spiritual wisdom (jnana).
We’re on Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud
You can now join us on Facebook and Instagram – our official social media profiles. We’ll share information for both Narborough and Leicester Central Sai Centre’s and all things divine. We now livestream our events on our website – so follow us and never miss out.
- ‘Like’ Leicester Sai Centres on Facebook
- Follow Leicester Sai Centres on Instagram (@leicestersaicentres)
You can now listen to special bhajan programmes and talks from local events on SoundCloud. The aim of the audio channel is to help you stay connected to the divine glory of our Lord: